About this programme:
The Certificate in Public Administration introduces basic concepts as they relate to the public sector, examines practices and techniques that are consistent with transforming public entities, and provides knowledge and skills which can be used immediately. You will also get the advantage of a curriculum that is developed by the School of Management, IT & Governance of the University of KwaZulu-Natal, taught by academics and professionals with many years of practical training experience.
This programme is especially designed for progression in the Public Sector, and may be attended by employees of government (local, provincial and national). Although it is a standalone qualification, it also allows delegates an opportunity to apply for further study at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, provided that all other requirements of the University are met, including having a NSC pass for Degree purposes.
NOTE: This programme does not guarantee automatic acceptance to UKZN.
How you will benefit:
- Understand the dynamics of public administration, public policy and public service delivery
- Develop essential and elementary mathematical and statistical skills
- Apply the principles of knowledge management in a public sector environment
- Communicate more effectively and produce effective presentations
Key focus areas:
- Module 1: Introduction to Public Administration and Management
- Module 2: Introduction to Management Science
- Module 3: Computing and Information Systems for the Public Sector
- Module 4: Communication Skills
Who should attend:
- This certificate is ideal if you wish to begin/advance your career in the Public Sector
- Administrators and clerks employed in local, provincial and national government
- Qualifying matriculants who may seek a career in the Public Sector
- Completion of National Senior Certificate (NSC Degree), with not less than 26 NSC points (excluding Life Orientation), and with Mathematics at NSC rating Level 3, English at NSC rating Level 4 and Life Orientation at NSC rating Level 4
- Mature candidates may also apply on the basis of Industry experience and recognition of prior learning
For potential UKZN admission:
If you wish to do the CPA in order to be eligible to apply for admission to UKZN and the BBA/BAdmin programmes, you need to have:
- A NSC Degree pass, with at least 26 NSC points (excluding the LO score) and mathematics at NSC rating (level) 3, English at rating (level) 4 and Life Orientation at rating (level) 4
- In addition, on application, the University will also require evidence of a weighted average of at least 60% for the CPA, and a final mark of at least 55% for the Introduction to Management Science module
Six weeks – Monday to Thursday, online (interactive sessions with facilitators)
- Full implementation plan to be communicated on registration
- Recorded sessions will be available only for registered delegates for a limited period
- Assessments are restricted and all social distancing measures are adhered to as per the DOH regulations
Delegates attending the course are provided with a unique blended learning methodology which combines online access to subject content with real time engagement with facilitators, and the opportunity to add value through contact learning sessions, where feasible and appropriate.
|26th September 2022