About this programme:
The Senior Leadership Development Programme (SLDP) is uniquely designed to build your capacity to lead your organisation into the future. It will challenge your views about leading an organisation, expand your horizons, and enhance your understanding of the strategic and complex nature of leadership and the role of a leader in the context of today’s competitive business environment. The SLDP will provide you with the opportunity to reflect on your leadership style and capacity and to immerse yourself in the latest thinking about best practice in leadership. The programme will provide you with the resources and knowledge to improve your capacity to lead your organisation into the future, through and with your people.
The programme provides a global context for enhancing awareness and organisation wide thinking, from the challenges of leading change and transformation, to working more effectively in uncertain environments, and harnessing technology to ensure that systems and procedures are optimised. Business simulations and case studies are integrated into the programme for optimal experiential learning, often in teams, supported by a blended learning 24/7 access to cutting edge, relevant sources of knowledge and experience, to enhance your learning as you need it.
Executive coaching and mentoring are a key feature of the programme, which each delegate undertakes, and which runs the length of the programme. The programme is underpinned by a team of executive coaches, who work one on one with you to develop your unique set of leadership skills. This personal learning journey
ensures that you have the opportunity to critically examine your personal leadership style, supported by the creative development of a culture of performance and execution in the workplace.
A cutting edge real time business simulation in a globally competitive marketplace provides executives with the opportunity to hone general management skills in a challenging and authentic but low risk, context.
How you will benefit. You will learn to:
- Enhance your general management and leadership skills through personal mastery
- Understand best practice in leadership and latest trends
- Managing diversity and mobilise for positive change
- Align strategy generation and execution with implementation and management of performance in achieving objectives
- Understand employee and stakeholder relations
- Effectively communicate, negotiate and resolve conflict
Key focus areas:
- Value Based Marketing
- Strategic Leadership
- Strategic Human Capital Partnering
- Organisation Strategy (Business Simulation)
- Global Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Strategic and Behavioural Finance
- Technology and Business
- Executive Coaching and Mentoring
- Business Simulation
Who should attend:
Senior executives, directors and heads of business units who typically would have responsibility for planning and leadership or strategic activities in organisations, who wish to develop leadership capabilities to drive long term sustainability and success of the organisation in a dynamic, fast changing world.
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years work experience
- Minimum of 3 years at management level
- Recognition of prior learning in exceptional cases
15 Contact Days (5 modules – 1 per month)
|21st June 2019||R52 950 (excluding Optional International module)|