About this programme:
This programme will serve to boost and benefit the China-South Africa collaborations in education, culture, trade, economic and maritime relations. There are approximately 1.2 billion Mandarin speakers in the world and therefore working knowledge of Mandarin will assist delegates that are required to do business with China.
How you will benefit. You will learn to:
- Understand the development of the Chinese language, the main linguistic features of Mandarin, and to have a general impression of what the language is like
- Apply basic Mandarin pinyin, pronunciation, vocabulary and grammatical structures by focusing on Mandarin listening, speaking, reading and simple Chinese character writing
- Acquire some basic knowledge and preliminary understanding of conversational Mandarin, and to develop the ability to speak Mandarin in different contexts
- Begin developing language proficiency towards sitting for Chinese Language Tests like HSK, HSKK, etc. (to facilitate the delegates to study, work in China or to do business with the Chinese counterparts)
- Understand the Chinese language within a specific framework and speak basic Mandarin in simple dialogue by engaging in topic-related conversations
- Learn basic elements of Chinese language and culture
- Write at least 100 Chinese characters
Key focus areas:
- To greet people; to talk about oneself, family, time, weather, food, country, hometown, social life, likes and dislikes etc.
- Chinese rich cultural elements like Chinese tea and tea ceremony, Chinese folk dances, Chinese martial arts, Chinese paper-cutting art, etc.
- Chinese character writing/Chinese calligraphy
Who should attend:
Anyone interested in Chinese language and culture; those who aim to do business with Chinese companies; those who want to find a job in Chinese companies or joint venture companies in South Africa; or those who have an overseas work/study plan in China.
No prior knowledge of Chinese language is required
12 sessions – 3 hours, one session per week over 12 successive weeks (3 months)
* This programme is only available for a full cohort of a minimum of 20 delegates
|Available on Request
||The programme fee will be determined based on the requirements