About this programme:
The Certificate in Business Administration is a standalone programme that introduces basic concepts, practices, and techniques that are consistent with modern business, providing knowledge and skills which can be used immediately. You will also get the advantage of a curriculum that is developed by the School of Management, IT & Governance and taught by academics from the University and industry professionals with many years of practical business experience.
This programme also allows delegates an opportunity to apply for a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, provided that all other requirements of the University are met, including having an NSC pass for Degree purposes.
NOTE: This programme does not guarantee automatic acceptance to UKZN.
How you will benefit:
- Communicate more effectively
- Gain essential computer literacy skills
- Understand the role of numbers in business
- Understand how the external environment influences decision-making
Key focus areas:
- Module 1: Business Communication
- Module 2: Business Computing and Logical Reasoning
- Module 3: Introduction to Management Science
- Module 4: Environment of Business
Who should attend:
- This certificate is ideal if you wish to begin or advance your career in business
- Junior managers, administrators and clerks
- Entrepreneurs/professionals who need to improve their business skills
- Qualifying matriculants
- Completion of National Senior Certificate (NSC Degree), with not less than 26 NSC points (excluding Life Orientation), and with Mathematics at NSC rating Level 3, English at NSC rating Level 4 and Life Orientation at NSC rating Level 4
- Mature candidates may also apply on the basis of Industry experience and recognition of prior learning
For potential UKZN admission:
If you wish to do the CBA in order to be eligible to apply for admission to UKZN and the BBA/BAdmin programmes, you need to have:
- A NSC Degree pass, with at least 26 NSC points (excluding the LO score) and mathematics at NSC rating (level) 3, English at rating (level) 4 and Life Orientation at rating (level) 4
- In addition, on application, the University will also require evidence of a weighted average of at least 60% for the CBA, and a final mark of at least 55% for the Introduction to Management Science module (CBAP0MS)
Six weeks – Monday to Thursday, online (interactive sessions with facilitators)
- Full implementation plan to be communicated on registration
- Recorded sessions will be available only for registered delegates for a limited period
- Assessments are restricted and all social distancing measures are adhered to as per the DOH regulations
Delegates attending the course are provided with a unique blended learning methodology which combines online access to subject content with real time engagement with facilitators, and the opportunity to add value through contact learning sessions, where feasible and appropriate.
|21st February 2022