About this programme:
This programme provides students with exposure to more in depth labour topics and a wide spectrum of substantive and procedural Labour Law, as well as a practical understanding in areas of industrial relations. The objective is to equip students by providing them with a practical ability in the acquisition, analysis, interpretation and understanding in areas of labour law.
How you will benefit:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the general principles related to South African legislation
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the relevant labour legislation governing labour relations in South Africa
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and applicability of Substantive Labour Law in South Africa
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles and applicability of Procedural Labour Law in South Africa
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Labour Law amendments
- Display an understanding of dismissals and unfair labour practices
- Demonstrate an understanding of the place of evidence in Labour Law
Key focus areas:
- Substantive Labour Law
- Procedural Labour Law topics
- Dismissals and unfair labour practices
Who should attend:
The programme is suitable for students interested in or utilising Labour Law, including lawyers, advocates, managers, union members and leaders, human resource managers etc.
National Senior Certificate with minimum higher certificate admission or a relevant NQF4 qualification. No prior learning assumed of students.
|22nd June 2020