Registration Terms and Conditions
- 25% of fees on application to secure your place. Attendance will not be permitted without payment and the applicant will remain liable for the full course fee.
- Course fees must be paid in full prior to course commencement.
- Should the course be funded by an institution or employer on behalf of the applicant, the applicant accepts full responsibility to supply UKZN Extended Learning with supporting documentation in the form of an official purchase order indicating the institution will submit payment on behalf of the applicant with the registration. The applicant remains responsible to ensure that the institution honours its payment commitment prior to course commencement.
- For individual payment, the delegate may contact UKZN Extended Learning finance department to discuss and agree on a payment plan, to be approved by all parties prior to the commencement of a course. Proof of payment must be supplied. All payments must reflect the UKZN Extended Learning reference number as the payment reference number.
- UKZN Extended Learning reserves the right to refuse admission to a course, in which case the applicant will be informed and applicable fees will be refunded.
- Cancellations are accepted in writing and without penalty up to 14 days prior to the course start date. Notification of cancellation must be submitted in writing either via e-mail or fax to the Financial Manager before the 14 days preceding the start date of the course.
- Applicants who cancel outside the approved cancellation period would not be entitled to any refunds unless the applicant is unable to attend as a result of reasons such as hospitalisation which in the sole discretion of UKZN Extended Learning renders it impossible for the applicant to attend.
- The applicant agrees to accept responsibility to inform UKZN Extended Learning of any changes in the information supplied on the enrolment form when relevant.
- The applicant confirms and accepts that he/she will not be permitted to register or remain a registered student, if he/she should fail to meet the applicable qualification requirements of the University. The University reserves the right to refuse admission to a course to any applicant if the applicable qualification requirements for enrollment as stipulated in the course information are not met in full.
- The applicant further confirms that he/she fully understands and complies with the specific access requirements for a relevant prescribed course.
- The applicant confirms that by submitting the enrolment form he/she indicates his/her willingness to register for the course and to accept all responsibilities for payment of course fees as set out in the registration information.
- The applicant agrees to abide by the assessment criteria for the course as set out in the course material.
- The applicant confirms that s/he understands that it is against the rules of the University to commit any form of plagiarism and undertakes to at all times comply with the University Policy on Intellectual Property available here.
- The applicant understands and accepts that his/her registration as a student is governed by applicable legislation and rules, regulations and policies of the University applicable from time to time. The applicant agrees to abide by the general code of conduct for students of the University available here.
- The applicant agrees to adhere to the University Policy on Racism and Racial Discrimination available here.
- The applicant understands that the use of library facilities and use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) resources such as computers and LAN will only be available where specifically provided for as part of the course requirement.
- The applicant understands that the language of presentation of the courses is in English, unless stated otherwise.
- The applicant understands that in the event of any dispute of any nature whatsoever arising between the applicant and UKZN Extended Learning, the South African law will apply and the appropriate courts of South Africa will have the jurisdiction.
- The applicant understands that all intellectual property rights, (i.e. by example rights in text, recordings, pictures or other licensed materials) vests with the University of KwaZulu-Natal and the applicant may not reproduce or distribute any such material.
- The applicant understands that he/she will be contacted by UKZN Extended Learning regarding his/her application, and other course offerings that may suit his/her profile
The applicant agrees that his/her participation in the activities of the University, whether conducted at the University or extramurally including, but not limited to, studies, field trips, games, athletics, tours and excursions of general vocational, educational, historical, social or scientific interest, are on the following conditions:
- The applicant fully understands and accepts that participation in all such activities will be at his/her own risk.
- The applicant hereby authorises the University and its employees or agents to act on my behalf in respect of any circumstances pertaining to any accident or illness arising from, during, or in connection with such activities in the manner that the University, its employees, and agents in its absolute discretion deems fit. The applicant fully accepts full liability for all expenses incurred thereby or in connection therewith.
- The applicant, his/her heirs, and executors hereby undertake to and hereby do, indemnify, absolve and hold harmless the University, its officers, its employees, agents, any person(s) acting on its behalf, or invitees against any loss in respect of all claims, proceedings, damages, costs and expenses whatsoever that may arisein the course of, or in connection with, such activities, howsoever arising, and whether as a result of negligence or otherwise.
- The applicant further undertakes to comply with any rule or regulation relating to safety and/or the University’s obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 or similar legislation as well as any reasonable instruction by any official of the University relating to the aforegoing.
- This indemnity will operate as a continuing indemnity and cover all periods of attendance as a student of the University.
- Unforeseen circumstances may necessitate the appointment of speakers other than those advertised as part of the course.
- Course dates, programme sequence, time and venue are subject to change without notice. Where the applicant is not satisfied with any such changes, UKZN Extended Learning will consider refunding the applicant in total or partly for the fees for part of the course already attended to.
||05 037 711 6
|Type of Account:
||Business Current Account
|Account held at: