About this programme:
There are very few opportunities in life that are really worth taking, that present themselves a second time. With such a high percentage of Grade 12 learners not meeting the Mathematics entrance requirements for study at a university, this 7-week online course is designed to give these learners a second chance.
It is put together as an intense 7 week online course that allows students who pass with 60%, access to study a degree at UKZN where Mathematics is a prerequisite, provided that the applicant meets the other qualifying criteria of the University.
Due to the intense nature of this course, only individuals who completed their Matric in the past three years should apply. Applicants also need to enquire directly with the relevant College before completing this course.
How you will benefit:
- Concentrate on just one subject instead of six or more
- Improve your understanding of mathematical concepts
- Gain confidence as you work through examples
- Draw on the experience and skills of a Mathematics specialist at UKZN
Key focus areas:
- Module 1: Orientation
- Module 2: Equations and Inequalities
- Module 3: Essential skills, Word Problems, Exponents and Logs
- Module 4: Functions
- Module 5: Calculus 1
- Module 6: Calculus 2
- Module 7: Trigonometry
Who should purchase this course online:
- School leavers who passed Mathematics in their final NSC examinations (Matric examinations) desiring to pursue a Science or Commerce related degree
- This course provides possible access to a Bachelor’s degree at UKZN, where Grade 12 Mathematics is an entrance requirement, provided that the applicant meets the other qualifying criteria of the University
- To be considered for registration, an applicant must have obtained a pass symbol on Standard or Higher Grade Mathematics or NSC Mathematics in the final examinations in Grade 12
- Applicant must have access to a reliable Internet line to complete required hours online
- Applicant must be able to attend final written examination in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
||R2200 for Registration and then you will be able to register for the exam for a R2000 fee